Racing in my own backyard.


Well 3 weeks after by last 2 back to back races i am at in again.
I decided to race the Ironman Boulder 70.3, mostly just because it's in my "own back yard" so to speak. I really don't like the process of traveling so much anymore, so the opportunity to race without traveling was too hard for me to pass up.
Every year it's the same with the Boulder 70.3 event, i always say i don't want to race it ever again as i don't like racing at altitude and the course doesn't really suit me. But every time it's the same argument that wins, it's right there and worse come to worse just use it as a training day.
Its a hard day at the office to use as a training day, but if you know me i do enjoy to race.
Race day had some up's and down's but my biggest optical was that i found i just couldn't put that little bit extra as i do in sea level, which i found it is very difficult to breath.
The race was pretty much won and lost on the bike it seemed, with Gambles and Frasier making a decisive break away on the bike, and Gambles finishing off with a stella run.
I found myself battling it out, with what it seemed to be everyone else together on the run leg of the race. I lost some considerable ground after the first lap of the run falling back into 6th position, i was able to settle down and compose myself to bring back a stronger 2nd lap.
I was lucky in the end to get onto the podium for 3rd place and was happy to do so on a course that didn't suit my strengths.
Now the challenge is to recover quickly again to back up in Ironman Lake Stevens 70.3.

Speedy recovery
Paul