From Noumea - Byron ( 2x podiums in 1 week )

Well after China i was pumped to race again.
Though catch twenty two is that i got sick for 2 weeks and struggled to get any sort of decent training together.
Noumea International: staged quite a strong field with a depth of talent in the field; from Ironman Champions, 70.3 Stars and some young fast ITU guys it seemed like the perfect venue to knock out my first season race back.
The race went well, as i was concerned that training for Ironman would of made me too slow to race these Olympic distance events.
Noumea and Byron seemed to have a similar unfolding of the race, myself placing a strong swim, then opening up a gap on the rest of the field on the bike and holding a strong run together for a podium finish.
Though the two racers were not identical, but in Black and white version that's my very shortened summery of the 2 Olympic event which were only a week apart.
I am very happy with these results so far, firstly i only meant to race these as (training racers) to sharpen myself up from the slow Ironman training, and secondly it shows that if i can mix it up in my not ideal distance of racing, that i should be in impressive for for my goal racers which are the longer Half Ironman distance and Ironman racers.
A good return to racing and ready for Europe
Paul