Busy weeks of Racing


After blowing up in Ironman Utah, i realised that i got to start putting some more training and re-focus behind me for my upcoming races.
I had on the cards another two 70.3 Ironman's 6 days apart coming up.
This would be a challenge as i've raced 2 half's in one week before, but generally it's during the peak USA or European race seasons where i'm allot fitter and in peak race form. Having that day less (6days instead of 7) would be a first for me.
Flying into Mooseman New Hampshire was a short trip, arriving friday night and departing sunday night, but on race day, things just came together. I swam with Max Kriat and Raynard Tissynk and was away on the bike and run with Max.
This was another head to head battle in the end with Maximum Kriat, i ran out fast, possible too fast and thought i was away from the Ukraine kid, but his strength of a runner proved it in the end as he caught back up to me and we had a war for 1st place the rest of the half marathon.
I was bettered in the end my Max in a sprint finish, but i was glad in the end of having a great race regardless.
I got from this race my first signs of some returning form, which for awhile due to a variety of personal problems and traveling, i was worried if it was ever to return.

6 days later after a short detour back in Boulder i was in Boise Idaho for another 70.3 event.
This was a Saturday race that starts at lunchtime, a rare thing now days in triathlon as most of our events are held on sunday mornings.
The swim had to be the coldest swim i've ever swam in before, (50 degrees or 10 Celsius) i never warmed up in the swim, and swam terrible for my standards.
The bike wasn't much better, i just couldn't push the pace like i normally could and lost some time from the leaders by the end of the bike.
The run possible the only place i felt half descant, though i didn't run anything special time wise, i managed to hold onto 4th place.
I drew from this event that even on a bad day, i can still manage to hang and i believe these are the races you learn the most from yourself.

Back to training Ambrose